One of the key attractions of Jio World Centre is Dhirubhai Ambani Square, which encompasses the Fountain of Joy. Fountain of Joy is essentially the main attraction of the Square. From the videos and pictures circulated on social media, it is quite apparent that the Reliance Group has put in a lot of planning for what is deemed as the ‘Best of India and the world’. Firstly, let us try to understand what makes the Dhirubhai Ambai Square / Fountain of Joy so unique.
I recently visited Fountain of Joy after making a booking through their website. Towards the end of this article, I will share 9 useful tips with you. Don’t forget to read them.
Features of Dhirubhai Ambani Square or Fountain of Joy
The Fountain of Joy is a unique show of water, music and lights – all this happening on a base that is lotus-shaped for 30 minutes. Moreover, the fountains go up to 45 feet in the air, powered by 392 nozzles, 200 mist emitters, and 8 fire shooters, lit by 664 LED lights spread across a diameter of 112 feet. Here is a short glimpse of the fountain in action
We have all seen the videos of the fountain show from Dubai. We suspect that the Reliance Group is trying to give Indians a similar experience in their own country.
Dhirubhai Ambani Square Photos and Videos
Here are some photos and videos posted by users that say a lot about the beauty of this creation
Alright, so this looks all good. Now let us learn more about booking tickets for Fountain of Joy.
Dhirubhai Ambani Square / Foutain of Joy Booking
As of now, there are two ways to make a booking.
1. Main website
Online booking will generate a pass, i.e. an e-pass which has to be then shown at the gate. Physical bookings are unavailable at the moment. Hence, Fountain of Joy tickets has to be bought online without fail.
The Fountain of Joy booking for the opening week and the weeks after has been mostly full so far as we have tracked it.
Is the Entry to Fountain of Joy Free?
Yes. You heard it right. The entry to Dhirubhai Ambani Square’s Fountain of Joy is totally free.
What is Fountain of Joy’s Show Timings?
The gates open at 7:00 PM and the fountain show begins at 8:00 PM.
Please note that this fountain remains closed during monsoons. Check their website before planning a visit, especially immediately before / after monsoons.
Fountain of Joy Visiting Tips
I had personally been to the Fountain of Joy and have 9 tips to share with you all. Here they are:
- Pedestrian entry (for those who don’t have a car) is from Gate no. 12
- For those coming with a car, there is a gate adjacent to Gate 12 (can’t remember the number but it is nearby, i.e. within 100 metres
- Visit the venue at the earliest – I reached there an hour earlier, i.e. by 6:30 PM itself. Extremely less rush and you get ample time to click photographs. Moreover, there is music playing and the whole atmosphere is very soothing
- One more advantage of reaching early is that you get to pick your seats as the seating arrangement is on a first-come, first-serve basis
- However, there isn’t any place from where you can get the ‘best view’. Trust me, the view is almost similar from all sides
- An important point to note is that the front row is very close to the fountains, i.e. at an 8-10 ft. distance. There are chances that water droplets may fall on you. So either be ready for this experience or pick a seat that is slightly farther. Or you can try checking the direction of the wind and avoid its path 🙂
- The place is wheelchair-friendly and there is an adequate staff deployed to help
- The fountain show can be enjoyed thoroughly by all age groups
- Because the time of the show is such that it coincides with the dinner time, there aren’t any good options nearby to satisfy your hunger
What is Dhirubhai Ambani Square’s contact number?
As per their website, you can call them on their landline number +91-22-3570-8999 between 9 AM and 10 PM.
Fountain of Joy FAQs
1. How many passes can we book in one go?
– You can book up to 8 passes in one go
2. Can we bring snacks to Dhirubhai Ambani Square?
– Snacks are not allowed. However, they can be purchased at the venue. Water is allowed
3. Is parking available at the venue?
– Yes, self-parking is available at the venue
4. Is vaccination mandatory for entry?
– All eligible citizens are required to be fully vaccinated to enter the premises.
5. What is the duration of the show?
– The duration of the show is 30 minutes
6. Are kids allowed inside the premises?
– Yes, kids are allowed
7. Are pets allowed at Fountain of Joy?
– No, pets are not allowed