“Welcome to Jio World Centre – where we bring the best of India and the world to you”, says Mrs Nita Ambani in a recently-released advertisement where a short glimpse of the mega project was shown. The video shows a large convention centre, a sports arena, a huge theatre, beautiful fountains and a lot of other things. The question really is – what is this Jio World Centre? To understand this better, we have broken the article down into multiple parts comprising of history, offerings, objectives, some of the striking features of this structure, opening date and cost. Let us dive right in.
Trending Alert – Fountain Of Joy – Features, Booking, Cost, Timing, FAQ
History of Jio World Centre
According to sources, the plot where JWC stands currently was leased by Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to Reliance Industries in 2006. The construction of the complex was slated for completion in 2012 but that clearly did not happen. The name of the centre was initially planned as Dhirubhai Ambani International Convention & Exhibition Centre (DAICEC).
Jio World Centre Offerings
- Convention Centre – for exhibitions, conventions, meetings and social events. Equipped with 5 modular halls, 25 meeting rooms, 1 ballroom
- Jio World Drive – drive-in theatre, open-air weekend community market, shopping, Hamleys Play Zone
- Jio World Garden – open-air turf
- Dhirubhai Ambani Square – colourful, musical fountain show
- The Cultural Centre – the theatre
- Bay Club
- Jio World Plaza
- Jio World Residences
- The Clubhouse
- Jio World Offices
According to their website, as of now #5 through #10 are still under construction.
Objective of the Jio World Centre
Reliance group is anticipating phenomenal growth in India in the coming decade. The group wants to be an enabler and provide opportunities and platforms to everyone. Jio World Centre is equipped with all world-class amenities and design with a blend of Indian culture and spirit.
Striking Features of the Jio World Centre
- Jio World Centre is of the size of 600 Olympic size swimming pools
- The floor area of Jio World Centre is 12 times the site of the FIFA football field
- The size of the convention centre itself is 7 million square feet
Also Read – Jio World Centre Opening Up In Delhi?
Opening Date of Jio World Centre
According to the ad, the centre is all set to open its doors to the public from the 4th of March 2022, Friday. However, a lot of its offerings, like Jio World Garden, have been open for a long time already
Entry to the JWC is believed to be free largely, unless you take up services of a drive-in theatre, convention hall, etc. The fountain show is free of cost for the general public.
Also Read – Garvida and Poshida Meaning in Srivalli Song